Friday, July 6, 2007

Vegans With Guns

Vegan with Gun, Atlanta, GA, 1998

One of my many ideas that never really took shape. See, what happened was I got in an argument one day with a bunch of vegans about how I thought owning guns was contradicting to vegan beliefs. Then I thought "what a great photo project." But since I basically called them all "stupid" and there weren't that many to begin with, I was only able to convince one guy, Matt, to let me photograph him with his gun. I think we can all learn a lesson here: when trying to exploit or make fun of certain groups with your photography, don't let them know your position till after you get the photographs (and model release forms). Who's the stupid one now?

(Disclaimer: I feel like I should mention that Matt is a really nice guy and I don't really think he was or is stupid. I just didn't agree with his bearing arms.)

No comments: