After seeing this image at my uncle's house, I want to take photos of people reaching. I like the child's look off to the side too. I feel it talks about issues of desire and need for affection and closeness. Not to mention the idea of trust. I've been thinking about these themes quite a bit and how to express them in my work. Right now, I'm using my family's stories about being Cuban exiles coupled with a moving image of the Atlantic Ocean from that infamous Southernmost point of the U.S., aka, 90 Miles to Cuba spot. I feel like the image above pins everything I ever wanted to say about Cuban exiles (or people in general) down in that single gesture.
Friday, March 30, 2007
Reachin
After seeing this image at my uncle's house, I want to take photos of people reaching. I like the child's look off to the side too. I feel it talks about issues of desire and need for affection and closeness. Not to mention the idea of trust. I've been thinking about these themes quite a bit and how to express them in my work. Right now, I'm using my family's stories about being Cuban exiles coupled with a moving image of the Atlantic Ocean from that infamous Southernmost point of the U.S., aka, 90 Miles to Cuba spot. I feel like the image above pins everything I ever wanted to say about Cuban exiles (or people in general) down in that single gesture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment